Sunday, May 17, 2009

so...today sort of sucked

OK, I do like Falcon so far, but I did NOT like the cardio guy today. To put it nicely, he was pretty darn bad. I don't know if it was the fact that he changed the notes, twice, from what we were given, that he was all over the place, or that he wasn't entirely accurate with all of his facts, that I liked the least. Maybe it was a combination of the three.

I'm not a doctor, so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that not a whole lot changed since the time our notes were printed. And, I'm positive that nothing drastic in cardio changed this morning while the guy was on the way here. However, he did manage to have a whole new packet of notes for us today, which he had further edited this morning! So, it was difficult to follow along, to say the least. After not being able to follow his notes, realizing that the notes we were originally given were a lot better, and listening to a couple things that even I knew were not entirely correct, I decided to leave and study on my own. Apparently, so did about half of the class. So, to make up for it, I was told by a TA that Falcon will be giving us access to the online portion of cardio, taught by another guy. As long as that guy's good, I'd say that fairly makes up for today. In the mean time, I'm going to go over the original notes some more, and also go through cardio in First Aid. If nothing else, med school will get you used to learning things on your own.

No comments: