Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday!

Friday would be a lot more exciting if we didn't have class on Saturday, but we did finish Biochem today! The biochem teacher was one of my favorite so far, which is good because we've had him longer than any other teacher so far. Although, starting next week, we're going to have more full weeks of just one professor. Fortunately, I've heard good things about the next couple professors and it ends with Dr. Goljan, which is the reason many people take this class in the first place.

So...my review of the biochem section....I liked it. The guy was interesting, funny at times, and did a great job of pointing out the most high-yield points, and completely filtering out the stuff that we weren't going to get questions on. I have not yet done the USMLEWorld questions (that's coming this week), but I feel like I have a better understanding of biochem than I ever have before. I definitely picked up on some major hints that I never thought about before, and would have saved me an awful lot of time trying to memorize little details for an exam. Unfortunately, I fell a little behind last night and although I recorded all of the day's lecture, I haven't had time to go back through it. But, tomorrow is only a partial day of genetics (not a very high yield subject) and then we have Sunday off, so I'll have plenty time to catch up. And, I really do have to get caught up before pharm starts next week!! After I do some questions, I'll let you know how I did, to see if this stuff sticks.

No comments: