Saturday, May 2, 2009

last day home, for a while

Tomorrow, I leave for Falcon to study for the USMLE! It's going to be 8 hours a day, 6 days a week, for 7 weeks of nearly constant studying! Sounds like a ton of time, but we're covering 20 months of basic sciences material, which is 20 months of as much information as you can possibly cram into each day. As I've said before, I definitely now know where the phrase "I've forgotten more than you'll ever know" comes from, because it does feel like I've forgotten more about medicine than I ever knew before. So, hopefully Falcon will help me to remember everything I've forgotten! Their average score improvement is around 20-40 points, and I'm hoping to be at the upper end (or hopefully above) that range. Fortunately, some of my favorite people from AUC will be in Dallas with me, so it will be nice to see them again for a few weeks.

For today, I've gotta make it to the gym again, stop at Staples for some supplies to cover the next few weeks, and get to Best Buy to buy a digital voice recorder. I'm not exactly sure what Falcon's "patented study method" is, but I do know it involves recording yourself and then listening to it later. More info on that to come later. I suppose that now is as good a time as any to start the day.

No comments: