Thursday, May 7, 2009

Falcon, Day 4 - Stats

Usually, we have a day off in between each section, but I guess since anatomy was a short section (3 days) and stats is an even shorter section (3 hours), they decided to give us half a day today. So, we didn't have to go to class until 1pm, which was nice. I never mind getting a little extra sleep.

The stats guy today is actually a pathologist, but he was very good in stats. Somehow, after 3 hours of stats lecture, I feel like I understand everything much better than I did after 2 weeks of it at AUC. I'm going to spend some time recording the lecture, and then it will be dinner time.

I also got a car yesterday, which I'm renting for $500 from a guy off of craigslist. Since I'm splitting it with someone, it's only costing $250 for 7 weeks, which is a hell of a deal! It runs well enough and will get the job done while I'm here. It's nice to actually be able to go out and get dinner tonight, and not have to go to the gym when the rest of Falcon goes!

Unfortunately, the internet still sucks here...it's actually very fast when no one's on it, but it cannot handle the load at all. Sometimes it works really slowly, sometimes not at all. If you're reading this, it's at least working slowly at the moment. The hot water has also been less-than-reliable. But, the important stuff is OK. The accommodations, as I mentioned already, are nice, the class is good, and the food has been edible.

No comments: