Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pollen sucks

I'm not sure what's up with the plants this allergy season, but the pollen is seriously kicking my ass here in Texas! I take zyrtec and it used to be amazing...taking care of all that ailed me. But lately, it's just not cutting it, at all! And, I'm taking twice the usual dose. In fact, I've decided to ignore the warning which blatantly says "do not take more than 10mg in 24 hours." Currently, I'm taking 10mg twice a day. It may have been a little while since I've had pharm, but I just don't see allergy medicine killing me. At least I've never heard of it happening. I could be the first, but I cannot deal with the sneezing and itchy eyes anymore. Maybe I'll have to switch to claritin and see if that works any better. Any docs out there want to mail me a prescription for something better?

2 comments:

Alissa Doherty said...

hmm...claritin did not work for me the first week here. i'm now taking zyrtec-D and that seems to be working, but I had a stuffy nose and sneezing/watery eyes. I have a couple claritin though if you'd like them.

Scott said...

I haven't tried zyrtec-D, but I don't have a stuffy nose. I'm thinking that I may try the claritin just to try something different. I think that the pollen has figured out my little zyrtec trick and has become immune to it.