Friday, February 1, 2008

New Road!!

There used to be two ways to get to my apartment. Both of them were scenic, but both took just about 5 mintues from the main road, through the neighborhood, and to my place (they are very roundabout). There was always another road which went straight from the main road to my house, but it was a dirt road, and one of the worst I have ever seen. Even in a 4 wheel drive vehicle, it was a rough drive. And, if it had rained recently, you could forget it. Unfortunate, considering that road would only take a minute or less to drive down. Since it was in the shape that it was in, I figured that it would never get fixed and would just remain a useless road.

Well, much to my surprise, it's been paved! They did an awful job and the edges of the road are all over the place, but I don't care! The surface is mostly smooth and it almost cuts the time it takes to get to school in half! Before, it took almost exactly 10 minutes to get to school. Now, it takes just over 5. And the best part is that there are only 2 speedbumps!! The other 2 ways, which are also a lot longer, have at least 5 or 6. So, I'm happy :)

No comments: