Saturday, February 2, 2008

Wasting time

Sunset Falls.jpg
During one of my breaks today, I decided to waste a little time and make this postcardish (new word) photo for my landlady. She's been trying to advertise the place since a double room has just become available and studio will be available at the end of this semester, so I threw this together. I found a picture of a hibiscus on the internet, made it look kinda sunset-like in photoshop, created some text with a sunset-like glow, and there it was.

I also discovered a neat little program called Skitch today. It's basically a very quick and simple little program for uploading photos to the internet and sharing them in just about any way imaginable. It's the fastest way I've found yet to resize photos or add simple markups. The picture above is actually a very large picture, but it wouldn't fit on the blog page. So, I spent about 5 seconds in skitch shrinking it down to its current size. If I haven't already made it clear that I only use macs, Skitch is a mac-only program.

No comments: