Thursday, February 7, 2008

Today's happenings

Today I had a very productive day, and all before 1:00 in the afternoon! First, I had lunch at Pineapple Pete's. I really can't say enough good things about that place. It is one of the very very few places on the island that has consistently great food and service. It's one of the further places from school that I go to, but it's definitely worth the 15 or so minute drive. On my way back, I got caught by the bridge. But, this is exactly what I bought the scooter for. Instead of waiting in what would have been at least a 20 minute line of traffic (going towards school, much worse coming from), you just drive right up to the front of the line. I took the pictures while I was waiting of the bridge to go down. As you can see, it's a very nice day today.

Then, I stopped to get my hair cut. I go to a place in the airport and get Atena to do my hair. She's very nice and always does a good job. The airport here is the local hair, nails, and massage place, convenience store, and food court. This is the only place I know where people go to the airport to hang out. Again, having a scooter is convenient because you can drive around the gate and don't have to pay to park. Now, I've got the rest of the day to study! YAY!

Oh, and the lights went out in class today for about 20 minutes...that was exciting.
photo.jpgphoto.jpg

1 comment:

Beach Bum said...

Some good photos on this site.