Monday, February 18, 2008

It's been fun, Mosquitos...

But unfortunately, your time has come to an end. For a while, I thought that the sudden lack of mosquitos was due to the fact that I moved away from campus. Well, I was wrong. The actual cause of the lack of itchy little bites every day was normal seasonal bug population changes. In any case, they've been back in force lately. Mostly, they fly around my computer while I try to study and I catch them out of the corner of my eye. Usually, this is followed by 5 minutes of trying to catch the little bastards before I wind up with another bite!

Things are now beginning to change though, after I purchased this little $10 beauty! It looks like a harmless tennis racket, but appearances are deceiving. This thing sends out one heck of a jolt of electricity. I should know, I touched it! Fortunately for me, there is a guard on either side to prevent touching the electrified wires when you don't want to try it out. Unfortunately for the mosquitos, the holes in the guard are much larger than they are. So, when one gets anywhere near me, it is quickly lit up with this harmless looking tennis racket. Sometimes, you get a satisfying little spark. Other times, they just fly into the racket and never fly out. Either way, the mosquitos had better tell their friend: their time is up, it's time to move on to another student. Because from now on, this student's packing heat!
The end of mosquitos

No comments: