Thursday, February 28, 2008

Another day, another blog post

I really don't have anything too exciting to post today, but I didn't want to go without posting either. One thing exciting that I did find out today is that the physio teacher's book (Cardiovascular Physiology) is available to be downloaded. Don't ask me how it got to be online, but it is. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be distributed this way, but fortunately we're in a country that's pretty corrupt and has little in the way of laws. Also, I think it kinda sucks of AUC to not tell us about this book before the new professor got here, only make 8 or 9 copies available, and then put them all on reserve so you can't check them out. So, if you have a mac, I've made it very easy for you to get a copy. Simply click on the "Go" menu in finder menu, click "iDisk," and then "other user's public folder." Type in my .Mac name (slevit1) and you'll see it there. Download the file and the Chmox program, which you'll need to read the file, and enjoy. She actually follows the book pretty much word for word, which is good news for those who don't want to go to class. Personally, I've recently decided just to go to class and use that time to study, instead of wasting it by going home and doing exactly nothing.

Also, they had a Buzz session today, which I attended (a meeting with 10 students and the dean). Just like the last one, this one was not terribly useful. Basically, the response we got to almost every question was, "I know, I agree, I can't do anything about it," referring to the fact that AUC is a family business and they don't always like to cough up the necessary money. With all the money we pay to go here, you'd think maybe they'd invest a little more of it. But, not for now...not with the shiny new DO school being built in Colorado! If nothing else, it's a tiny bit helpful to know that even though they can't do anything about it, the administration at least recognizes the problem and would like to help, if given the resources.

Oh...one of my currently 2 incoming students that I'm orientation advisor for finally got back to me today. I'm hoping the other guy contacts me sometime soon. If I am your OA, or if you've got another one assigned to you, don't be afraid to use us. I have heard some stories of deadbeat OA's in the past, but most of us really want to help. We're all too familiar with the fact that it's very difficult to get any kind of answer from AUC on anything, so it's nice to have someone in school to talk to if you have questions or concerns.

No comments: