Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm still alive

Heather has reminded me that I haven't posted since she got here! Sorry about that...so here's a blog! Yes, Heather is here, which I'm very excited about. She got here Thursday for Valentine's day and will be leaving tomorrow.

For Valentine's Day, we had a couples massage at the Sonesta Spa. the spa was not quite as nice as others I have been to, but it's also a lot cheaper than most I've been to. The massage was very good though. I got a guy and a girl masseuse because I wasn't sure how she'd feel about either one. She picked the girl, which gave me the guy. But, the guy was very good, so I was OK with it. At the end, they gave us two champagne glasses with hearts and our initials painted onto them, it was a cute idea. For dinner, we went to Sol é Luna restaurant in the French cul de sac. I had read reviews of the place online, which said the food was excellent and it was one of the most romantic places on the island. Well, they didn't disappoint. The location was great and the food was outstanding...some of the best I've had on the island. Most importantly, Heather seemed very happy with the whole night.

Friday, we went to Pinel island; the first time I had been. It's 5 euro/person round trip for the ferry over. On the island, there are a couple very good little restaurants, although kind of on the expensive side. There is also a very nice beach there with a good view of St. Maarten. There are a couple very little trails that you can take to walk to the other side of the island and get some amazing views of the island and the ocean. It's worth a visit over there, especially if you have someone as wonderful as heather to go with! :) After Pinel, we went to The Stone restaurant. I liked it a lot and thought it mostly lived up to its good reputation. Heather, however, did not like it. But, that's probably because her shrimp were very well seasoned and she found them incredibly spicy. To Heather, Old Bay seasoning is incredibly spicy!

Yesterday, I went Scuba diving. Heather attempted to go scuba diving also, but was too afraid to get her head underwater. So, she came on the boat, got some sun, and will hopefully try again next time. She was very nervous going into it, so at least she tried. We were also a little rushed because Marigot traffic made us over 1/2 hour late. So, that certainly didn't help her anxiety any. For lunch/dinner, we went to Pineapple Pete's because she wanted to see what all the fuss was about. As usual, it was good. We had planned to go out last night to the clubs, but we fell asleep around 6:00 and didn't wake up until this morning!!

So far today, we've gone to Zee Best for breakfast (maybe the best breakfast on the island), went to Fort Louis over in Marigot, and are now back here resting for a while. We may hit up the beach later. I'm sorry that I don't have pictures yet, but they're all on Heather's camera, so I'll upload them sometime today or tomorrow. More updates coming soon....

1 comment:

Trixie the Pixie said...

I absolutely loved Sol e Luna... Brandon took me there for my birthday last year, and I think we were the only other couple in the restaurant. I liked how it was tucked away and kind of middle-of-nowhereish. Sounds like you are showing Heather a great time! Enjoy the rest of her visit!