Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse [pictures]

Tonight, North and South America experienced the last total eclipse until 2010! Fortunately, here in St. Maarten, we had pretty perfect weather. It looked as though the clouds were going to obscure the view, but they blew away just in time. As soon as the eclipse was full though (but not until after I had gotten a bunch of pictures), they blew back in. I took about 100 pictures, but narrowed it down to the 11 best. They can all be found on my flickr site (http://flickr.com/photos/slevit1), but here are a couple of them.
Lunar Eclipse-1Lunar Eclipse-2Lunar Eclipse-3Lunar Eclipse-5Lunar Eclipse-8Lunar Eclipse-11

2 comments:

Nick said...

I had figured if anyone had taken pictures it would have been you or Paul. They came out really great, I didn't catch it until the end. Did you you use your kit lense or a telephoto?

Scott said...

Paul took pictures too (he was right above me on the deck taking them), but he didn't rush to put them up. Good guessing though :)

No, definitely not my kit lens. I sold that lens shortly after I got it. I'd recommend that people buy cameras as body only. That lens was a Canon 70-300.