Thursday, June 25, 2009

progress

Today (or actually last night), I moved on from Anatomy to Neuro. I'm actually moving at a decent pace to be through the neuro notes in about an hour or so. Then, I'll probably do all of the anatomy questions in USMLEWorld, and whatever I can find in neuro. I'll also probably read through neuro in First Aid. Hopefully, I'll also be able to start behavioral tonight. Behavioral is not a particularly difficult or large section, which makes it pretty high yield for studying. Some people would say that behavioral or biostats are low yield subjects. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've said that before. But, it depends on how you look at it.

Sure, there are way more questions on path, pharm, and micro, but they also cover a ton of information. There are not a ton of behavioral questions, but there's also not a ton of info to cover. So, it's not necessarily high yield for the overall exam, but it is high yield relative to the amount of time it takes to learn it well. Spending just a little time on Behavioral will hopefully get me a few easy correct answers. And, those few easy answers could be the difference between a pretty good score and a very good score! Obviously, I'm hoping for the latter.

No comments: