Saturday, June 13, 2009

New laptop time?

My laptop is old. In fact, in computer terms, it's ancient. I got it when I was still in college, and I'm now going into my third year of medical school. It is the very first generation of MacBook Pro, with a processor that is generations old, maxed out at 2GB of RAM, and did I mention it has a slow, old processor? Unfortunately (or fortunately), since it's a mac, it still works well after 3+ years of use and abuse. I notice the slowness every time I use Adobe Lightroom to edit all my pictures, but other than that, it's been hard to justify a new computer. However, I just saw this graph of battery life, comparing my computer (the very bottom on the list) to the newest version. It made me sad. Do you see that? The new MacBook Pro can get 8 hours of battery life!! That's insane! One of these days, it's going to be time for a computer that can keep up!
Mac Rumors_ Apple Mac Rumors and News You Care About-1.jpg

1 comment:

Ryan J Fitch said...

I use a 5 year old Dell that i've upgraded. It has 0.00hrs battery life as my friend managed to kill the battery when I lent her my laptop :-D