Monday, June 8, 2009

On a more positive note

Falcon micro began yesterday. Some people don't like the guy, but most people (including me) do. The people that don't like him mostly think that he goes too slow. Well, they probably aren't thinking that anymore. Yes, the first day was a little slow, but the intro stuff usually is. And, I need all the help I can get in micro...if he wants to repeat the same thing 20 times, that's fine with me. I'd be upset if he went slow, and then had to fly through the last day to cover everything, but it doesn't seem like that will be the case.

He went along at a decent pace today...not fast, but fast enough that he should get through everything without having to rush. He has some pretty amusing stories and he definitely knows what he's talking about. He also seems good about pointing out the most high-yield topics. He does cover it MUCH slower than the Kaplan videos, but I think that's the whole point of the class! I don't need someone to speed through basically reading the Kaplan book to me....I can do that on my own. I need someone to go through it slowly and pick out what's most important. He's also doing somewhat of a review of micro-related pharm as he goes along, which is a big help. I'll have a better idea of how he did when I start doing USMLE World questions, but so far, so good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thus far, Do you feel that Falcon has been worth the money and temporary relocation? You're blog's very good, I am strongly considering AUC for 2011. Thanks