Thursday, June 18, 2009

Destroyed by Dr. Goljan...quickly

Today, I was easily beat in arm wrestling by a 66 year old man. Although, he's not just any 66 year old man! He's a 66 year old man who is basically the god of pathology lecturing, and also happens to compete in arm wrestling competitions.

So, today, he offered to let people see if they could beat him. As you can see, I did not stand a chance. I figured I'd lose, but I thought at least I'd be able to hold my arm up long enough to actually see myself losing. That was not the case, and it was over before I hardly knew it had begun.

I did feel a little better after seeing the rest of the people try. Of everyone that tried, I was probably the smallest, and most of the others were beaten as fast as me. Two people (out of probably 10) made him work for it, but he didn't lose. The first guy was probably 250 lbs, and about 7 ft. tall. He looked to be twice Dr. Goljan's size, but even he could not win. The second guy was also well over 200 lbs., and was the last person to go. That match wound up in a draw, but Dr. Goljan had already taken about 9 other people down, including one that went on for a while, and had to be tired.

I like to make myself feel better by thinking that I was the person who made him most tired. But, I probably shouldn't have posted the video if I wanted other people to think that.

No comments: