Saturday, June 13, 2009

I hate laundromats

I really really hate laundromats, would be more accurate. I didn't like them before, but I particularly dislike them after today. Mostly because it was very hot and humid outside today. And, when it's hot outside, it's even hotter inside a laundromat, with all the dryers going. As soon as I put my clothes in the washer, or moved them to the dryer, I had to run outside to "escape" to the 85+ degrees and humid weather. It's bad when it's warmer outside, in TX, in the middle of the summer! Other reasons include the terrible inconvenience that sitting around for an hour and a half brings, the need to carry around laundry supplies, and the ever-present threat of theft if you turn your back on your clothes. The last statement is particularly true in beautiful Garland. However, I will say that I do enjoy commercial machines. Those things are HUGE...and fast! My clothes dry on medium heat in less than 30 minutes!

But, now I am back and it is time to study, after a shower to remove the copious amounts of sweat that the laundromat caused. The rest of tonight is dedicated to micro. Tomorrow, it's finally the first of 6 days of Goljan, which is a large reason that most of us are here in the first place! Sorry to all the people that have asked me to record him but with rules the way they are, that's just not in the cards.

No comments: