Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm convinced...

Some people in the Falcon class never went to medical school. They couldn't have! Based on the questions some of these people ask, I have no idea how they could have possible made it through! Here's a small sample:

Teacher: Group A strep is inhibited by bacitracin
Barely medical student: But I thought it was bacitracin sensitive?
Teacher: Uh.....right...[silence for a moment as he wonders if they're joking]...they're the same thing!
Barely medical student: oh, right.

Teacher: Giardia causes a particularly foul smelling stool
Barely Medical Student: But it already smells bad, so how do you know if something is wrong?


At least stuff like this keeps the class interesting. I really worry for patients if these people ever make it through the step though. On the positive side, today was the last day of micro! I have a TON of studying to do now to actually learn everything we went over. Micro is not my subject.

No comments: