Thursday, January 10, 2008

My new apartment

Here's some pictures of my new apartment. After being here for a little over a week now, I'm pretty much settled in and I like it here a lot. The apartment is located in the French Lowlands. We're surrounded by beach on two sides, and a bunch of houses that I probably won't even be able to afford on a doctor's salary, Hugh Hefner even has a house here! Being in a nice area, it's pretty much silent when you walk outside, which is great for studying. The land lady is great, the utilities have been reliable, the internet puts NETstar to shame (not that this is any great accomplishment), and the other people living here (all AUC students) are good neighbors. I know I haven't been here that long to judge utilities, but they haven't gone out once yet, and people living around campus have already had power and water outages. The drive is only about 10 minutes to school (5 minutes of that is getting out of the neighborhood), but it's scenic and there's never any traffic.
IMG_0027IMG_0026
1080i 32" TV and PS3, not a bad setup
IMG_0025_2
I know the couch is hideous, but a much prettier slipcover will be here within the week
IMG_0024IMG_0023IMG_0022_2IMG_0021IMG_0020

1 comment:

Trixie the Pixie said...

Interestingly enough, as I was reading this, the water went out for at least the 5th time since I came back on Sunday. (I live in CV). Looks like I will be brushing my teeth with water from my Brita filter, yet again.

Go figure.