Saturday, January 26, 2008

Apparently, you guys (and gals) like facebook!

So I've got that little blogrush widget on my sidebar, which is supposed to bring new visitors to my site. Basically, it tracks how many people see my site (and thus their widget) and for every person that visits, I get a recent post of mine shown in other people's blogrush widget. Sounds like a good concept, right? But, nobody really ever clicks through. Although all of my posts are shown through the widget a couple of hundred times, I'm lucky if one or two people actually click through. Mostly, I just keep the thing on there because I like the way they track visitors and they have a neat little graph to look at. Actually, I've posted a screenshot of that graph before when Digg visited my blog, if you're curious as to what it looks like.

Anyway, I haven't had a single click through in quite a while. I guess my post headings aren't interesting enough. But, after writing the facebook post, which has only been syndicated 100 or so times, I've already got a click through! Maybe I'll put the word "facebook" in all of my titles. Interestingly, my visitors also spiked today (yesterday) for some reason. It is very obvious that people stop visiting when I post less frequently. The correlation coefficient is probably like .8, which is a strong positive correlation. I learned that in biostats. :)

No comments: