Thursday, January 17, 2008

Office: Mac 2008


Microsoft released Mac Office 2008 yesterday and I decided to give it a try. Of course, I have no intention on giving Microsoft $150 of my loan money (which I don't even have yet). So, I didn't pay for it, but it did somehow show up on my computer. Fortunately, I am not currently in a country where that matters much :) In any case, I gave it a quick little try and it looks like they've made some pretty significant improvements. Enough, in fact, that I may switch back to using powerpoint instead of converting everything to Apple's Keynote, which I have been doing. I still like Keynote a little better, but it's really kind of a hassle to keep two copies of everything. And, the powerpoints seem to show up a little better in the new version of Powerpoint than they do in Keynote, which I guess makes sense. So, we'll see how it goes.

If you have a mac and a firewire cord or a very large USB drive, Office: Mac 2008 could mysteriously wind up on your computer, as well.

No comments: