Sunday, March 15, 2009

Whoops

I guess I have forgotten to blog for a couple days! Maybe that's because there's really not that much interesting going on in my life at the moment. I took the behavioral science shelf exam on Friday, and it was slightly more difficult than I expected. There were quite a few questions where they just asked "what is the best thing to say to this patient," and I think those are usually "gimme" questions. Typically, I pick the answer that I am LEAST likely to actually ever say to a patient, and that's the right answer. But, there was also a lot more pharm on the exam than I had expected!

Now, I am beginning to study for the pharm shelf which is this coming Friday. 5th semester is filled with an awful lot of exams! And, the ICM department has been so kind as to make sure that we don't sleep too late this week, by making us attend ICM lecture the 3 of the 4 days leading up to the shelf. Why would you want to study all day for an exam that covers all of pharm, when you can go to the ever-interesting ICM lectures?

The only good news is that I finally think this virus I've got is starting to go away...8 days after it started. That is within the 7-10 day range though, so I can't complain too much. My throat is definitely still sore, but it's no longer excruciating to swallow, and I've started to eat again. Unfortunately, after a week of almost no food or drink, I feel like I have the stomach of a gastric bypass patient. Yesterday, half a meatball and about 10 bites of pasta filled me up pretty good. Good news is that the pasta I bought yesterday for $12 might last me a week!

No comments: