Wednesday, March 11, 2009

This virus is getting old!

OK, I'm really beginning to hate this coxsackie virus nonsense! It's now been since Friday, and I still can hardly swallow water. My total food intake today consisted of a small cup of yogurt and about 1/4 of a pint of ice cream. I try to drink water, but it hurts too bad to drink much. If I were back in the US, I probably would have gone to the hospital for fluids, but I'm not about to do that here. I've resorted to Percocet to help me sleep a little at night, but it knocks me out too much to take during the day.

Thursday is Luke's wife's birthday and they're celebrating at Pineapple Pete's. If my throat is not better by then, I'm going to be pissed. Do you have any idea how much I love food? I won't go into details, but it's a lot. Anytime you wanna go away, virus, would be just fine with me!

Good news though...I did finally get my toilet fixed today (the pipe that feeds it water was leaking). And, I learned that the plumber actually can speak English, even though he doesn't like to show it.

6 comments:

kkkal said...

i'm thinking you should have taken the antibiotics......

Scott said...

Great idea...take antibiotics for a virus! I don't know who you are, but I do hope you're not a med student!

Alissa Doherty said...

Hey Scott...I used to get that same thing all the time...do you have listerine? Gargle with it like every 2 hours or so (as far back as you can without swallowing it)...it helps make it go away faster and helps by numbing it a little bit.
Hope that helps :)
~Alissa

Trixie the Pixie said...

HAHAHAHAHA.

Hope you feel better soon. I'd be upset if I couldn't eat much, either!

Scott said...

Thanks, Alissa. I've been gargling with peroxide as per Dr. Shupe's recommendation, but I'll give the listerine a try tonight also. I'm really hoping that this goes away in the next couple days...it's been about 4 or 5 days now.

kkkal said...

Scott,
I was thinking about the leaking toilet.... lol
hope you feel better soon. Yes Pineapple Pete's is a nice place