Sunday, February 8, 2009

Toppers by the Sea!

Toppers, one of my favorite restaurants on the island, has opened up a new location, Toppers by the Sea! The menu is exactly the same as the original Toppers, but they have breakfast until 11am! I went there with Heather today, and it was delicious! I got grilled snapper and eggs for $14, which I thought was very reasonable. The location, right on the beach around Pelican, can't be beat either. I really don't understand all the noise about Zee-Best having the best breakfast, but I think that they've been handily beaten by Toppers by the Sea. They may not have all the french pastries (which are mostly gone by the time I wake up anyway), but the view is better, it's less crowded, and I thought the actual breakfast was at least as good. They also have fried Oreos, which I'll definitely have to try before I leave the island on April 15th!! If I could pick only one cookie to survive into the future, it would definitely be Oreos; they are as close to cookie perfection as you can get.

No comments: