Friday, February 27, 2009

Behavioral Results...

Following up on my last post about behavioral science...I did very poorly on the past exam. I'm not sure if it was because they write non-USMLE style questions, the fact that they put questions on the test from the last block, without telling us that they'd be doing so, or some other reason. I'll admit that I didn't do a ton of studying of the exam, but I definitely did enough to perform better than I did. Fortunately, my grade from the last exam, low as it was, is still keeping me at a passing grade for the moment. Also, even more fortunately, our final exam in the class, worth 20% of the grade, is a shelf exam, meaning it is definitely USMLE style questions.

To make myself feel a little better and prove that I can answer good questions, I made a 10 question behavioral science exam on USMLEWorld. If you're not familiar with USMLEWorld, it's an online question bank that nearly everyone says is the #1 best review source for the USMLE. I got a 100% on that test. Sure, it was only 10 questions, but I set it to cover all of behavioral science, including last semester. Since I now need a passing grade on the shelf in order to pass the class, and the shelf is all USMLE-style, I'm feeling just a little better.

2 comments:

Trixie the Pixie said...

First of all, I can't believe they are making you take a behavior science shelf. What the heck.

Secondly... lots of people in my class failed that "final". It was ridiculously difficult, and for no reason at all but for the prof to prove a point that BS must be taken seriously. Seriously?!

Scott said...

Honestly, given the choice between the behavioral shelf exam and an exam created by the profs, I'd take the behavioral shelf in a second! At least the shelf is not trying to prove a point.

I've always found it a bit ironic that Behavioral Science is abbreviated "BS."