Saturday, January 24, 2009

White coat pics...still uploading!

As I said before, the process of uploading the white coat pictures takes a while! Although it should have been obvious, I didn't even think about the fact that the photos from my new camera take a lot longer to upload, since the images are 50% larger (15mp) than my previous camera! Also, for some reason, flickr always uploads much slower than any other website, possibly because flickr does no compression to the images and most other places probably do. Flickr uploadr is also not very reliable though and it tends to time out, even with a very fast connection. When it does time out, it's not good at resuming where it was.

Long story short, I can send all of the photos to my parent's computer at home using dropbox.com, and that transfers the pics a lot faster than flickr. It still took 3 days to do, but in that same time, I only got about 40 pictures up through flickr. Now that the pictures are all there though, I'm uploading them using their connection (20mbps FIOS). Needless to say, it is going MUCH faster now! So, another day or so, and the rest will be posted!
White Coat, January '09-325

No comments: