Monday, January 5, 2009

First day of 5th

Today was not a terribly exciting start to my last semester. Unsurprisingly, the teachers all jumped right back into it, although much of it was review from other semesters. The first two weeks of the semester is ethics, instead of ICM 5. I thought I would hate it, but I think I might wind up enjoying it. For the first day, we watched a video on the Teri Schiavo case. I'm sure we'll discuss it tomorrow, but it sounds like the teacher agrees with me that they should have just let her die in peace. I do have some pretty strong views on things though (as you may be aware), so this will probably be an interesting experience...both for me and the class.

I wish I could say that Behavioral and pharm were interesting, but they weren't, at all. I really can't wait until February 25th, when those two classes are over. It's nice this semester, that our classes don't start until 9:30, but it really sucks that we have two half-classes for the first half of the semester, that keep us there from 12-2. And, since the pharm chairman refuses to budge on his position that we should have double classes (a position which fully 100% of the class disagrees with), on Wednesdays, we have class from 12-3 (after ICM from 9:30-11:30). Somehow, we're supposed to also find time to study for the step. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: