Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Studying pays off!

Who would have guessed....if you actually keep up and study regularly, you get good grades! To be honest, walking out of this set of block exams, I felt terrible. I was almost positive that I had failed MCB, I thought I might have failed Immuno, but I thought I did pretty well in physio (my favorite class this semester). As it turns out, I got an A in both MCB and physio, and a B in immuno. I really still have no idea how I pulled that off, but I'm very happy about it! Although things could certainly change after comprehensive finals, I'm currently honoring two out of three classes, and comfortably passing the other. Turns out that what I thought would definitely be my worst block of medical school wound up being almost the best! Looks like I just have to keep up the regular studying.

To add to my current happiness, John recently returned with a new key to my car and I got my financial aid stuff for next semester done.

P.S. - It would seem that many people at AUC are not at all happy if you do well and put it on your personal blog. Last time I said I did well, I got all kinds of crap for it. However, I feel I have a right to be happy this block, and I decided to share. I've also decided that I'm not gonna feel bad about it!

And, for all of the prospective students who read my blog, this is my advice...just keep up! Nothing we learn is difficult, it's just a lot. Study every day, don't fall behind, and you should do just fine. In my opinion, that's really the only secret to doing well.

2 comments:

Vince said...

Preach on brother!

I just got my results for step 1 today! There is something to that studying thing.

As for your classmates who gave you crap, you know what they say, "Joke 'em if they can't take..."

Rogue Medic said...

If they did not do well, maybe they should be studying instead of complaining about your good grades.

There I go being judgmental.

Congratulations, you earned it and the right to comment on it. What are you paying for this school - a hundred, or so, dollars a year? :-)