Monday, March 10, 2008

Block 2 - check

We just got through with our 2nd of 3 blocks for this semester. Since the first block was a couple weeks longer than the second two, that means that we're over half way done second semester, and one step closer to being back in the US!! We haven't gotten our grades back yet, but I think exams are a lot harder this semester, likely because there are only 3 instead of 5. I still could be doing more studying that I am, and will be doing more for this final block, but I am studying as much as I did last semester and not feeling as good about grades. I did honor one exam last block and nearly honor another, but I should have done much better on the third and I have no idea how I did today.

The MCB exam today was somewhat ridiculous. The questions were difficult, but the biggest problem is that we were not given enough time. This is the first time that I have not finished the exam without LOTS of time to spare. In fact, I didn't even get to finish two of the questions. And, other people I've talked to (who also always finish on time), didn't get to 10-15 of them! There were a lot of genetics pedigrees, which are not very difficult, but just take a while to look through. Hopefully though, I'll come out with a decent grade in that exam. The other two, I have absolutely no idea how I did. So now, just playing the waiting game until tomorrow or Wednesday when we get our grades.

No comments: