Thursday, March 13, 2008

St. Maarten's Finest Vending Machine

sign.jpg
I have no idea who put this on AUC's coke machine, but it's pretty hilarious. In case you were not aware, they have recently raised the price of a soda to $1.25. Normally, this would not sound so bad, but at AUC, it is an enormous scam. For some reason, this particular soda machine does not take quarters, nor is it stocked with quarters. It also does not have the ability to return dollar bills. So, although the soda is only $1.25, it will actually cost you $2 since you can neither receive your change nor actually feed it $1.25! Another fine example of why I love this island so much!

In case you can't read the sign, it reads:
St. Maarten's Finest Vending Machine Services
I have raised my price to $1.25 so you are now required to insert $2.00 into my machines. I do NOT give change. I may or may not give you what you want to drink. If I have nothing for you to drink, I keep your $2.00. I love medical students. They keep giving me money.

3 comments:

Sunil said...

This is HILARIOUS....keep up the good work my friend!

Unknown said...

Probably not the best place to say this, but I think your site is very informative and helpful. I am still in college, and worry about medical school a lot, as I am very confused about the process involved in applying. Your blog is very helpful in describing the med school experience, and I would like to know more. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Probably not the best place to say this, but I think your site is very informative and helpful. I am still in college, and worry about medical school a lot, as I am very confused about the process involved in applying. Your blog is very helpful in describing the med school experience, and I would like to know more. Otherwise, keep up the good work.