Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dodgeball!!



Sorry, I know I've been a bit of a bum with the updating lately. In any case, the Phi Chi dodgeball tournament was this past Sunday. It wound up being a very nice day for dodgeball: warm, but not too hot. Again, I was asked to be the official photographer for the event, and I said OK. I wound up taking about 450 pictures, so they're going to take me a while to sort through and edit. So far, I've gotten through almost 200 of them. I'll post a few of them, along with a link, once I get them onto Flickr, it might be a week or so.

For those of you not yet on the island, the Phi Chi dodgeball tournament happens once a semester and is open to anyone. You just need to find a team, pay the admissions fee, and have fun! The fee is only a couple dollar a person, and your team gets to make a shirt, so it's a pretty good deal. The faculty always has a team too, and they're fun to watch. This semester, the faculty played 3 matches, and actually won one of them! Dr. Behrisch was pretty fierce, but also made himself an obvious target. Dr. McIntosh was out almost before it even started! I have a great picture of him rolling around on the ground somewhere, but you'll have to wait a couple days. I think there were around 10 teams playing this year.

Here's one picture to hold you over. It's just a panorama that I stitched together in Photoshop from 4 different photos. The newer versions of Photoshop have a very good tool for doing this, so it only took about 2 minutes to put together!

No comments: