Monday, September 17, 2007

One down, a bunch more to go

Today was our first block exam of med school! I don't want to jinx myself as we don't get our scores until tomorrow, but I think that I did well. I think I was honestly expecting it to be a bit harder than it was. Some people that I talked to, however, did not feel the same way at all. So, maybe that just means that I did a good job studying! But, then again, I still haven't gotten any scores, so maybe I didn't study that well.

When it was done, we all walked through the Rotunda (it's sorta on the way back to the dorms). I assumed that they just wanted us to walk through there so that we wouldn't see the couple of people who still needed to take the anatomy practical (upper semesters who failed last semester), but that was not the reason at all. When we walked in, a bunch of the upper semesters and faculty and staff were yelling and clapping for us and had a bunch of snacks. This went on for quite a while since we've got a very large class (too big, if you ask me). A video of the whole thing can be found here. There were actually more people there than it looks in the video. It honestly did catch me by surprise, and it was a nice surprise :)

2 comments:

McGillGrad said...

Well thanks.... I will know about it now...hahaha. It will still be cool...especially the free food.

Scott said...

don't tell :)