Wednesday, September 5, 2007

grrrr....

So first the good stuff...because I know people (including me) have a tendency to bitch about bad things and ignore the good things....

Got a new phone today (badly needed because my old one was about 4 years old to US standards) which works well, had a good lunch somewhere in Simpson Bay (can't remember the name), studying is going well, and I taught a little today in anatomy lab. By taught, I mean showed the rest of the class the location of the transverse scapular ligament, suprascapular artery, and suprascapular nerve. This brings me to the bad...

There are still only 4 cadavers in the anatomy lab (for 180 or so first semester students) and only one of them (fortunately, mine) is any good. And even mine is only good relative to the others. Further, since Monday, they have not changed a single bone in the lab (only vertebrae, scapula, and clavicle) and have not dissected any further. So, we did exactly the same thing as monday, and will do it again tomorrow. This is frustrating because we have PLENTY of other stuff that I could be studying. Tomorrow, I'm brining some books to study instead of looking at the same dissection and bones.

Also, internet in the dorms was down almost the whole day today. I called some guy from NetStar, who told me that internet was, in fact, working fine. Of course, he was not in the dorms when he made this assessment and was wrong! So, I walked over to the school to tell him so in person. He then said he'd get to it eventually, but was busy. Maybe it's just me, but I would think if the school brings a company onto campus just to provide the dorms with internet (including a representative from the company on site most of the time), the dorm internet going down would be a major priority. Thankfully, it has been fixed, although it's still running at its usual not quite as fast as I'd like it pace.

No comments: