Thursday, September 27, 2007

It has arrived!


After waiting for the past couple of months (very impatiently), since the day they officially announced the iPhone, mine finally arrived in St. Maarten! I don't know that there's ever been a package that I've anticipated so much! If you don't know by now, I am a bit of an apple fanatic, but the iPhone is the most amazing piece of technology that I have ever held in my hands. If you have touched one, then you may know what I'm talking about. However, if you've only seen it in pictures or heard about it, you have no idea of it's greatness! it really is somewhat magical when you use it.

In any case, it took me about 3 hours to unlock because of the painfully slow internet connection at school. However, the actual unlock process only took less than 1/2 hour! As soon as the unlock program had completed its thing, I stuck in a Chippie SIM card (the local cell provider) and it worked immediately, with full service. The only thing that obviously doesn't work is the EDGE network and visual voicemail, which are both dependent on AT&T's network. However, everything else works perfectly! Thank you soooo much to my dad for getting it for me! If you want one of your own, I can tell you how to unlock it, it's really pretty simple.

2 comments:

McGillGrad said...

You better be careful. According to BBCNews.com, iPhones phones are being destroyed when you install the new update.

Scott said...

no worries...i won't be installing any firmware updates until they are confirmed to work with hacked phones. Although I will be missing a little functionality that I could have at home, my phone is in the exact same state as every iPhone in the US prior to yesterday, which is just fine with me!

Currently, it gets great cell reception, WiFi works, SMS works, and i've set up EDGE also today, which is working well and is free!