Monday, September 10, 2007

another week begins...

After a ton of studying over the weekend, we had our first anatomy mock practical, and it would seem that the studying paid off. We are not supposed to do very well since the TA's make it VERY hard, it's not multiple choice, there are many multiple part questions, and half of it (at least) was stuff we don't cover until this week, but I still did well. Not well if it were an actual exam, but a good bit better than most anyone else I've talked to! Hopefully I continue to do well and maybe honor the exam next Monday. I'm certainly not expecting to transfer to a US school, but I am going to give it my best shot.

The lecture hall was very cold today for some reason. It's usually cool, but not as cold as today. We had Dr. Van Oost today for the first time in MCB. All I'll say is it's going to be a long 14 days. It was good, however, to have Dr. Fogg back for anatomy and histo. We started the brachial plexus which is not going to be fun, but I'll hopefully know by the end of the evening.

Friday, I'm going on a shark dive with Dive Safari, so I'm excited for that! Hopefully will have some decent pictures to post Saturday.

Oh yeah...we had our white coat ceremony last Friday. Seeing as we had been wearing our white coat for lab the whole week already though and we had to bring the coat ourselves and hold onto it until it was time to go on stage, I didn't really find it terribly exciting, at all. I do not see the point of wearing it in lab since it mostly just gets smelly and gets in the way when we're trying to dissect or move stuff around. Seems that scrubs ought to be sufficient for lab! I've never been a big fan of doing things just for the sake of doing them. Congratulation though to the people who got inducted into the honors society, I hope I'm one of them in a couple semesters!

3 comments:

Vince said...

Hey Scott,

Good luck with Dr. Van O. bhwaahahaha. Actually he is not as bad as I first thought he kinda grows on you. As far as the brachial plexus, it really helped me to draw and redraw, and redraw etc. the diagram in Netter's from memory. It sucks at first, but will pay off big.

Good luck on your exam.

Scott said...

Drawing and redrawing is what Dr. Fog suggested also...so I think I will be showing off my lack of artistic ability tonight.

Vince said...

The wife and I did the shark dive during my first semester- it was pretty cool; saw 4 sharks (according to them a slow day) but was impressed by about a 7' reef shark less than a foot from my face! Very cool experience.