Sunday, December 6, 2009

goodbye, sleep

Today was my last day of "vacation." Tomorrow begins 7.5 months of a minimum of 70 hours a week, with absolutely no vacation. I have to be at St. Agnes tomorrow at 8am for orientation, but I'll probably have to be there around 6:30AM after tomorrow. From what I hear, IM is 70-75 hours/week. Surgery and ob/gyn will both likely be worse, and I have no break in between any of them. I was also just thinking tonight...I'm glad that St. Agnes IM apparently doesn't have night call, but I will have late call every 4th day. That means I'll get home somewhere around 11-11:30 PM (after getting in at 6:30AM), just to go upstairs, fall asleep, and wake up a few hours later to do it all again.

It's been fun, sleep. I'll miss you....

1 comment:

Trixie the Pixie said...

Aw, who needs sleep? Sleep is overrated! :)