Wednesday, December 9, 2009

First real day of call

Today was the first day that I stayed at a hospital past 5. Not only that, but it's also the earliest I've ever gotten to a hospital (just before 6:30AM). I wound up getting out just before 8PM, after a very busy long call. We started the day with 4 patients. After call, we now have 8, and my partner team also got 4 more. Fortunately, only one doesn't have insurance, so that's the only one we'll have to round on.

I also earned myself some brownie points, although most people won't realize it until tomorrow. There's a little program we use called signout, to update the patient information sheets every day (or a couple times a day). Even though just about every resident and student in medicine has to use it, it was only on 2 computers. I managed to get it working on another computer, and am working on a few more. But, at least there are now 50% more computers running the program!

No comments: