Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Update time!




Yeah, I know it's been a while since I've posted lately. Sorry about that, just been busy. Anyway, I've been in a much better mood lately after a couple of good experiences.

First, we had the 4th block exam on Monday. Just one more to go and I'm done with first semester!! However, although I haven't ever failed an exam, I was not very happy with my scores on the 3rd block. I just didn't study enough. Coming out of the last block exam, I felt alright, but not like I did amazing. However, I wound up getting an A in anatomy and histo, and an 89% in MCB!! I was pretty happy with the MCB score since the class average was so low that they spent an additional day grading to see if they could give some points back. Everyone said the test was way too hard, but honestly, I didn't think it was that bad. It wasn't easy, but not impossible either. However, the half of the class or so that failed probably disagrees with me.

After the exam, I actually found a business on the island that gave cheap and fast service!! My muffler was broken for a couple of weeks, but I never had time to get it fixed. I have no idea how it happened, but the exhaust pipe broke off from the muffler. My car sounded awful...a lot like those ridiculous mufflers they put on civics. It really was just embarrassing. So, I figured the repair would be a few hundred dollars at least and take a week. However, I went to some muffler shop in Phillipsburg and while they looked extremely sketchy, the guy welded the exhaust pipe back on in about 5 minutes and charged me $20 for it! He said the repair should last at least a year and now, it seems to be working perfectly. Since I couldn't believe how fast and inexpensive they were, I had them change my oil too, which took about another 5 minutes!

Also, after the block, I went to lunch at Jimbo's with John and Bhaskar. It was good, as usual. John got an enormous margarita and needless to say, he was not quite the same the rest of the day. I got one that wasn't even half the size and I was definitely feeling it. Pictures are attached.

Yesterday, I finally got my car washed. It desparately needed a bath, especially since the idiot at the inspection station made me pull the tint off my front windows. They're not fast, but do a very thorough job. There was basically a beach in my car from the last time I let John use my car when I was away. Now, there's not a trace of it. I tried to catch dinner while I was there (pictures also attached), but they were elusive!

Well, back to studying now! Gotta do well on the next block, so I started studying yesterday (which is the earliest i've ever started)!

1 comment:

Trixie the Pixie said...

my boyfriend and i split a pitcher of margs at jimbo's one time... i don't think that is ever going to happen again! those things are potent, and the pitcher was... well... (much) larger than expected...

anyway, congrats on the block! almost done! :)