Monday, November 12, 2007

Back to reality

After an amazing weekend in Florida, it's time to get back to studying. I really didn't do much of anything exciting on vacation, but I got to spend a lot of time just laying around with Heather, which was very nice. It is also always very nice to get back to civilization! I'm sure Heather was happy that we had great weather in Florida, but it's just sorta status quo for me, lately. Heather did ask me a lot though if I was getting sick, and I kept telling her no because I really didn't feel sick at all. But, sure enough, woke up today and I'm not feeling well. Nothing specific...just that yucky feeling you get when sick is coming.

Because I didn't feel well this morning, it was hard to get out of bed. I finally rolled out of bed 5 minutes before class and got there only like 2 minutes late. I even made it in time for the MCB review questions that he does at the beginning of every day. Judging by my performance on the review questions, i'm doing a much better job keeping up this block than I did last. I guess the fact that I actually study this block has something to do with that.

We had a guest lecturer for embryo today, and he was pretty good. I still like Fogg the best, but this guy was close. Hard to compare though because their styles are very different. I heard that this next exam is going to be like 50 questions of abdomen, and 15 or so of embryo. This is absolute BS because we did 1 week of abdomen lectures, during which the power continuously went out, so we barely made it through them. This is in comparison to two weeks of embryo, often with twice a day embryo. I really don't understand their logic here most of the time. I also don't understand why embryo wasn't the first thing we did. We spent plenty time hearing about all kinds of embryonic derivates before we learned a thing about them. We also got a couple of questions on every anatomy exam about embryo, which we spent almost no time covering in class. That really just wasn't very well thought through. In any case, I do kind of like embryo, but I'm going to reserve final judgement until we get test results!

Dr. G gave a histology review today. His reviews seem to be very helpful. He spend the whole time quizzing the class and on occasion, telling people how ridiculous their answers are, but it makes you think and pay attention, just in case he calls on you. He also gets through a decent bit of material, which often shows up later on the exam. I left with a much better general understanding of the GI tract. Now, I just need to continue filling in the details.

1 comment:

Heather Nicole said...

HMM.....folliculitis.....you getting sick.......maybe i should be in medical school :)