Monday, November 26, 2007

School updates

It's amazing how much the site visit stats drop when I stop updating! I guess it's not exciting to read the same posts over and over again. I really am going to try to keep updating more often!

Anyway, not too much new going on at school. We got our Histology group project practice back the other day. Dr. G's comments were, "good job." I guess it's a good thing we did it, since that feedback was so helpful. The only reason we did the practice is because apparently, he grades harder if you don't. Tomorrow, we'll have Dr. G back for histo, after having a guy they were interviewing to take his place last week. The guy last week was nice enough, but really pretty useless as a lecturer. So far, they've tried out one replacement for Dr. G and one for Dr. F (anatomy). Neither of them was good, so I feel bad for the incoming first semester class...who knows what they'll get. I've also heard rumors that Dr. Parr may not be around next semester, but it could very well just be a rumor. That would be a shame though, because a lot of people in the class like her. Dr. Parr's tests aren't necessarily easy, but they're fair.

In anatomy, we're dissecting the pelvis. The instructors did a midline cut down the guy and cut straight through his cash and prizes. Although he didn't feel it, I still sort of felt bad for him. It did give a very interesting view though of everything. Also, it made it easier to have more people dissecting at once, since you can just take off one of the legs from the level just above the hip. My group has lab 3 times this week, which is somewhat unfortunate. But, only 4 more lab periods to go and first semester is OVER!! We have less than two weeks of class left and honestly, it has gone by pretty quickly. Seems like yesterday that I thought medical school would never begin. And now, I'm almost done the first semester.

1 comment:

Trixie the Pixie said...

I like the dodgeball pics! Esp the B&W one with the champs... the boys look bad-ass! :-P