Sunday, November 4, 2007

Poor chair

Today, I went to Zee Best for breakfast. If you have not been there, I highly recommend it. Pretty much all of the breakfast stuff there is good. They also have amazing fresh squeezed grapefruit and orange juice. But, the real reason I am writing this post is because today at Zee Best, I witnessed something that I did not think happened in real life. A rather large man (probably 300 pounds, minimum) sat down and within 5 minutes, the chair buckled under his weight, losing one of its back legs. It was a little funny (if you think you disagree with me, you're just lying to yourself), but mostly I felt bad for him because he was an older guy. I felt a little less bad for him when I saw what he ordered for breakfast. Fortunately, he didn't get hurt.

Not 10 minutes later, another man, easily twice is size and half his age, came walking in. I wanted to wait for his chair to break too, as I'm sure it was only a matter of time, but we didn't stay long enough to see it. We did stay long enough though to see him pack in a few danishes, surely not helping the matter.

For now though, back to studying for the rest of the day. I need to be totally caught up when I go BACK TO THE US THIS WEEKEND!!! Going back to the US is always extremely exciting, especially because I can't wait to see Heather in Florida!

No comments: