Friday, August 31, 2007

and so it begins...

Today was our first real day of class since yesterday was mostly orientation stuff. I am not at all surprised, but this is not undergrad, at all!! We are easily learning at least a semester's worth of genetics in 3 weeks and an absurd amount of anatomy, in far greater depth than undergrad, in a semester. I spent already about 5 hours studying (more than ever before in a night) and I didn't even do histology yet, or have to study from previous days. And, we're still in the intro days!

Even though it's a lot of work though, it is interesting. They related pretty much everything back to clinical situations. In anatomy, we don't just learn the parts, but how they interact with everything else and what can go wrong. Even genetics is interesting because the prof relates most of the stuff to medical conditions that we'll see eventually. So, it's clearly all relevant stuff, if not always fun to study. I sit back every once in a while and remind myself that I'm actually in med school and when i'm done this, I'll be a physician!

I went to Phillipsburg today to get my car inspected. Unfortunately, I drove all the way over there for nothing because I forgot my title!! So, I'll have to find time some time next week to do it. I don't know when I'll have time, but I'll have to make it.

Tonight is a party at the Lady C and then tomorrow I've got a beach party in the afternoon (yeah, i know, it's rough). The beaches here are amazing, so i'm looking forward to tomorrow. Since we don't have too much work yet (relatively), this is my last weekend to have a little fun for a while!

No comments: