Wednesday, August 1, 2007

New Lens

My new camera lens arrived in the mail today! It's a Canon 50mm f1.4 lens, so it's a VERY fast lens! I'm excited to have it since it's by far the fastest lens I've got and should greatly cut down on the amount of time that I need to use a flash! I did a little test with it yesterday when it arrived to see how much quicker it really was. With my other lenses at their widest aperture, the camera metered for 1/2 second shutter. With the new lens, it only needed 1/60 of a second! I also like the effect of such a narrow depth of field at f1.4.

Now, I just need to find things to take pictures of! Lately, I haven't been or seen anything interesting, so my flickr gallery hasn't changed. I guess it's not going to be terribly interesting until I get to St. Maarten, should be plenty to take pictures of there.

Speaking of going to St. Maarten, sorry if this blog has not been terribly interesting lately. However, I started the blog really for when I begin med school, to keep everyone at home updated and show the life of a med student. So right now, I'm just blogging to get used to it and hopefully get some people to start reading it. Although I am going to New York this weekend and Florida the weekend after that, so I'll have something to post then!

No comments: