Thursday, August 30, 2007

First day...done!

I have officially made it through my first day of medical school. Since it was the first day, it was actually very easy, a lot of administrative stuff and not a ton of learning. I do have a little studying to do in genetics, but that was mostly a review. I've also probably got 10 minutes worth of studying for histo, but I'm sure that will all change next week! So far, so good.

There were also two other major events in my life, leading to a very good day. First, my car finally arrived!!!! So, all my stuff is finally here. It's about time! Second, the internet in my dorm room is finally working. Surprisingly, it's fairly quick. Not quite what I had at home, but far better than dial up and faster than what I had honestly expected...very usable.



This is my bed before my car arrived. You may notice the striking similarity to a cot since the Sonesta graciously donated their rollaway sheets to me. They were not aware of this at the time, but I'm sure it was ok. By tonight, I'll have my own (much more comfortable) sheets and pillows on the bed!

No comments: