Tuesday, August 28, 2007

AUC wireless internet

is slooooooow!!

For some reason, my room is not equipped with an ethernet jack, although it does have all the necessary equipment with proper wires run in the closet and too many phone jacks. My guess is that one of the outstanding local workers installed a phone jack instead of an ethernet jack. I figured this out after hours though, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. Of course, I don't have wireless in the dorms either since it would be too much to ask to get a password for it after only 3 days!

So, I'm using the internet at the school and as you can see, there are no pictures. This is because the internet is too slow for me to access my photo page and grab links off. Pictures coming just as soon as I can get a decent internet connection. It took like 3 tries for me to even be able to edit this post!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! That sounds like something I am not looking forward to in January. How would you rate the speed at the library? I have been on fast cable internet for so long that anything close to dial-up makes me want to hurl the PC through the nearest window.

Scott said...

You're going to want to hurl your PC through the nearest window. I'm currently in the computer lab on one of 4 computers that is working. The wireless and internet in the dorms is down at the moment. I actually have not yet had internet access in the dorms. The internet here is very hit or miss, but never what you're used to at home (which is why i haven't posted any pics).

Trixie the Pixie said...

Ahh, glorious dorm internet... I forgot how much I missed it :-P I remember (a whole year ago!) when I got here, and it took an entire MONTH (and lots of frusrated phone calls from me) for them to get their act together and for my internet to work. Three black boxes later, I finally had somewhat functional internet. Unfortunately, the school's isn't much better.

Hope your first day of classes is going superbly!