Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Today could have been the day

But, fortunately, it wasn't. Originally, I scheduled today to take the USMLE. I'm not really sure why i thought that 2 weeks would be enough time for me to review, but I'm glad I pushed it back! Since I pushed it back pretty early, there was no fee involved (you can move the date up to 5 days before the exam, without a penalty). I just finished pharm and immuno today, which really only leaves me pathology to get through. Of course, pathology is the largest and most important part of the exam. So, definitely would not have wanted to take the step without reviewing path! Reviewing path will also involve some review of micro, pharm, and really everything else, so it's a good thing to finish up with. I'm hoping to finish path by Thursday, and then take either an NBME or USMLEWorld comp Thursday evening. That way, I can find out about where I am, and figure out what I need to focus on for the remaining few days. The final date for the big day is next Tuesday, a week from Today. That will still give me a month and a half vacation before I begin clinicals, which will be very nice and is much needed!

No comments: