Monday, July 6, 2009

Oh yuck!

Some foods just should not ever be made fat free, sugar free, light, or anything of the sort. Among these foods are ice cream, cheese, and chocolate. Well, I just learned today that chocolate pudding should also be added to this list. I carelessly pulled a chocolate pudding out of the refrigerator today and was greeting with a very unpleasant surprise. Don't think there's a difference between sugar free pudding and regular? Let me assure you that there is. Did you know that you get about twice as much energy from fats as you do from carbohydrates or protein? Well, now you know, and knowing is half the battle (according to GI Joe).
jello.jpg
I think that packaging should have to reflect the taste of the food, to protect people from making the same mistake that I did.

2 comments:

Trixie the Pixie said...

Sadly, I hate to admit it -- I am actually guilty of eating and enjoying those puddings. You're right -- there IS a big difference in taste, but... it's not that bad... for 60 calories. Maybe it's a girl thing. And sadly, those are currently in my refrigerator.

Scott said...

Say it it's so!! Given, I have not seen you in a while. But, from what I remember, you're pretty small! No need to eat nasty pudding when you could be eating delicious pudding!