Sunday, April 12, 2009

The world may be coming to an end

I have found something in St. Maarten that I do not think has an equal in the US! I never thought I'd say that, and I can't believe I'm putting it on the internet for all to see, but I think it's true. I went to the Sunday brunch at the Westin today, and I have yet to find another buffet that can even come close. It's $50 per person, but really not at all hard to get your money's worth. Instead of telling you about it, I'll just show you (with crappy iPhone pictures)

Oysters, muscles, crab claws, and huge shrimp
IMG_0215.jpg

Typical breakfast stuff, but much better than usual (eggs with or without cheese, thick sliced bacon, pancakes, french toast, etc.)
IMG_0216.jpg

Omelet station
IMG_0217.jpg

Breads, donuts, pastries, fruits, deli meats
IMG_0218.jpg

Sushi!
IMG_0219.jpg

Fried rice station and pasta station
IMG_0220.jpg

Indian food, beef stroganoff, various other things that I don't remember
IMG_0221.jpg

Lamb carving station
IMG_0223.jpg

Wilbur the suckling pig (they also had a baked ham carving station next to the pig)
IMG_0224.jpg

The view from the restaurant
IMG_0222.jpg

All you can drink champagne and mimosa (we went through quite a few of these). By "quite a few," I mean probably most of these bottles.
IMG_0225.jpg

Amazing dessert buffet
IMG_0214.jpg

Chocolate fountain with plenty stuff to dip in it. They also had white chocolate on the other side
IMG_0213.jpg

Basically, amazing. Not a bad way to spend my last weekend on the island! We sat there for nearly the full three hours that the buffet was open, taking about 1/2 hour breaks to digest, and then eat more. I'm not sure that I'll eat again before I leave on Wednesday.

4 comments:

rigglet said...

I TOLD you it was amazing. But the real question is....did they serve any corrats or candalopes? hahaha...Also, when are you going to do another MSP?

Trixie the Pixie said...

Maybe not quite as impressive, but the Rusty Scupper downtown has something very similar (and very delicious). It's about the same price, and also worth it!! :)

You're almost done!!!

Chuck-n-Geneva said...

Wow, now I just might have to try it for myself :D I do have 1 question though, is sitting for 3hrs letting it digest better than taking a trip down to the beach-LOL!! Have a safe trip home, cya in dallas

xoxo
Neva

Scott said...

Tangra: It's coming soon...just been busy! Actually, i think the next one's gonna be married people

Trixie: Didn't even know rusty scupper had brunch! I'll definitely have to check it out, particularly if they have the chocolate fountain

Neva: not just sitting there digesting for 3 hrs! eat, digest, eat, digest, repeat multiple times. gotta get your money's worth! The sun is still out at 3 when it's over!