Wednesday, April 8, 2009

No more scantrons!!

Today was the Intro to clinical diagnosis shelf exam, which was the last scantron I'll ever have to fill out in basic sciences...maybe forever. Between now and Tuesday, I have absolutely nothing left to do except study and get ready to leave. The only thing I have standing between me and being home is the Kaplan exam, but that's computerized, and I'm not really terribly worried about passing. I've already passed the NBME comp exam, and I got a better score on the Kaplan diagnostic 3 months ago, before I had finished pharm or done any step studying at all, than I need to pass next week. So, I'd have to screw something up pretty badly to not pass!

As far as the ICD shelf goes, it wasn't really that terrible. Since probably everyone in the class could pass ICM, even if they failed the shelf, it was a little difficult to be motivated enough to make it through 125 questions. But, after about an hour and a half, I made it through. It was what you would expect...clinical diagnosis. I don't really know how you'd study for it specifically, other than paying attention in medical school. If you really wanted to study for it, studying path would be your best bet. It was almost entirely symptoms, and then asking for the diagnosis. It was surprisingly heavy on micro and behavioral type questions, but the micro was very straight forward.

Speaking of micro, time to study some of it before Taco night at Brian and Melinda's!

No comments: