Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thanks to everyone

I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for all the support I've been given both while i was gone, and the short time that I've been back. While I was out, I got pretty constant facebook and skype messages from all sorts of people wishing me well. I've also heard quite a few people, even many who I rarely talk to, say that they were sorry I wasn't at the 5th semester party, since they knew I had put a lot of work into planning it. I, along with Tangra and Geneva, really did put a lot of time into planning that party, and I am very glad to know that even though I couldn't attend, it was appreciated and went over great! Today, when I returned to class, nearly everyone I ran into either came up to me or called out for me to ask how I was feeling and to make sure I was OK. Sure, everyone seems to become your friend when you're sick, but no matter why they did it, it was nice.

So, I am not yet 100%, and that may still take a while, but I am feeling 100% better than I did a few days ago. And, I do appreciate everyone's support. I also appreciate AUC's efforts to make coming back to school as easy as possible. Although I got sick at a very fortunate time, when classes are basically over and there isn't much left to worry about, we're still not done yet. During an already stressful time, any extra bit of stress that they take away further is appreciated.

Also, thanks to my family and girlfriend. I am not always the easiest person to deal with when I'm healthy, and I'm definitely no easier when I'm sick. But, they still spent a lot of time helping me recover and doing what they could to make it a little easier. I'm sorry for making things even more difficult sometimes, but thanks for doing your best anyway.

No comments: